I can't believe its taken me so long to update this little blog - I don't really have any good excuses except... having a one year old to look after, working, moving house and being heavily pregnant (and now having new baby Peters) - well I think they turned out to be pretty good excuses after all :)
The stork has been and gone - Alyssa Sophia Peters arrived on Sunday August 23rd as planned at 9.46am, weighing in at 7,11 and 19 inches long. As you can see from the little slide show, she is another stunner who is extremely cute and loveable. Already I think she is a lot different from Laurie - she appears to be more laid back but only time will tell as all she pretty much does just now is eat and sleep (unlike her parents I might add).
What has Laurie been up to - she now has 6 teeth (unfortunately I think she is taking after both Ryan and me in the teeth department - not a good start), she is fast on her little knees especially up and down the stairs. She has taken 2 steps a few times but isn't really interested in walking quite yet. Her language skills are getting better and the jibberish is fun to listen to but she is now using words and associating them e.g. "toes" - she blew 2 kisses the other week but has decided that's enough of that and won't blow any more. She has also added some new moves to her ever expanding dance skills - she is now a shaker and shimmier and likes to use her arms, too cute!! Laurie also had her first birthday and had a little family and friends party - the highlight of her day... playing with a big bunch of balloons - now we know what to get her for Christmas!
We have moved in with Ryan's family and I'm sure they are just delighted with this :) Ryan and I have the luxurious lifestyle while we have banished his parents to the basement (they have day passes so are sometimes allowed to get out on good behaviour and visit the world above ground level!!) We are with them until we come to Scotland so at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel for the in-laws then we descend on the other in-laws - don't ever say we're not good to our families ;) Just be glad we're not related to most of you or you might be expecting a knock at the door!!
We are having family photos taken this weekend so we'll update our blog header sometime in the next 2 weeks so keep an eye out.
As you can imagine I don't have a lot of time on my hands so I'll sign off now as one of the girls will be needing us shortly - until next month...
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment